Report of the Workshop for Prioritization and Dissemination of Best Practices in Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health (AYSRH) in Niger
This report describes a workshop held by E2A, in partnership with Niger’s Ministry of Public Health, to explore more thoroughly best AYSRH practices in Niger and their connection with existing national plans, roadmaps and activities. The workshop, held March 17 and 18, 2015, at the Grand Hotel in Niamey, had four objectives:
- Conduct deep and contextualized discussions on the evidence in AYSRH, including best practices;
- Identify the challenges and possibilities of strengthening support for programs and AYSRH services;
- Assist with the operationalization of family planning strategies in Niger with the introduction and/or the scaling up of best practices in AYSRH;
- Strengthen collaboration and coordination mechanisms in order to support AYSRH in the country.
Approximately 70 people from government agencies, international institutions, and civil society organizations participated in the workshop.
- Publication date: August 2015