E2A-led community of practice facilitates first webinar in a series on costing for scale-up
The community of practice led by E2A in partnership with the Implementing Best Practices Initiative and Expandnet, Systematic Approaches for the Sustainable Scale-Up of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Best Practices, invited John Bratt and Christine Lasway of FHI 360 to present during its webinar, January 28, on costing the scale-up of family planning programs. Mr. Bratt presented an introduction to estimating costs for scale-up and highlighted the importance of costing, while Ms. Lasway talked about developing Costed Implementation Plans (CIPs) and how costs for scale-up are featured in those plans. Questions from participants regarding country-level challenges, timelines for CIP development, and monitoring the costing process, among others, enriched the webinar.
The corresponding Powerpoint presentations will also be helpful when listening to the broadcast:
- An introduction to the webinar – presented by Salwa Bitar of the Evidence to Action (E2A) Project
- Webinar presentation 1 – presented by Mr. Bratt
- Webinar presentation 2 – presented by Ms. Lasway
Lastly, those interested can access background reading, sent out prior to the webinar, here:
- Costed Implementation Plans for Family Planning by the Health Policy Project
- Costed Implementation Plans, Guidance and Lessons Learned by the PROGRESS Project
Given the importance and timeliness of the topic, the community of practice plans to hold two more webinars on costing for scale-up in the near future. Dates for those webinars will be announced in the coming month.